Thanks for listening to our discussion about note-taking. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here or on Patreon. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
We will discuss our summer reading next episode. Please submit your thoughts, or links to your audio recordings
- Alexis B pointed us toward this study about heterogenous grouping in Air Force Academy pilots.
- Stephanie reminds us that not all teacher websites are on the public internet (some are secret).
- David is getting tremendous use out of his SVG editor of choice for editing AV materials
- Paul is getting tremendous use out of using his voice to command his phone
Bob K. supports the show on Patreon. Bob K. is an award-winning teacher. You should be like Bob K.
This Week's Topic: Note-Taking Strategies
- Note encoding vs. information capture
- Taking notes by hand vs. taking them digitally
- Notational velocity
- Some thoughts on note-taking from Evernote.
- Annotation instructions, courtesy of Martin P.
- A sample of what are possibly the best course notes ever taken in David’s AP Bio class during the “pre-video” era.