Thanks for listening to our discussion of pet peeves. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here or on Patreon. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
This is what we’ll be reading this summer. Please join us!
- It’s over, it’s finally over!
- Paul at vidcon.
- We will read “Labgirl” by Hope Jahren for summer reading.
- Vectors love books about being scientists.
- David is a fan of Music (note: I warned you)
- Paul has founded The YouTube Educator’s Slack (name & platform pending). You need to contact him if you want an invite
- Check out his new podcast: The life of the school
This Week's Topic: Pet Peeves
- Paul’s friend has hacked this for checking in with students.
- David detests being in charge of student ability to expel waste from their bodies.
- Zipgrade to escape communal scantrons
- David feels that if you start by assuming your students can’t do something, you are basically guaranteeing that they won’t be able to in your classroom.
- Paul has no need for meetings for the sake of meetings. He advocates for meetings that don’t suck.
- David notices a lot of people don’t respect their audience while presenting.
- Meeting Tokens
- Paul urges you to beware of the “4 Ds” - Dyson, Dogs, and Distracted Drivers
- Apple does seem to have some inkling of maybe approaching the cell phone/driving issue.
- “From One Second to the Next” a short film about texting while driving by Werner Herzog.