Thanks for listening to our discussion about notes from the PD Field. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here or on Patreon. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- David has recently engaged a bit with the good folks at Carney Sandoe (h/t to Chi K.)
- John M. wonders if there is a clearinghouse for education research (let us know!)?
- The Deans for Impact publication.
- Satoshi A. would like any college educator Vectors to check out this HHMI initiative.
- As far as we know, Satoshi A. is not this Satoshi.
- Bob F. is engaged in the hard work of re-evaluating his classroom.
- Beware of the “Flopped Classroom”
- Chris W. is on episode 7.
- How to lecture well
- We want to hear from you!
- David likes to send his colleagues useful things, but ONLY useful things.
- Why Twitter chats are obnoxious
- Paul wants you to check out Rich Thornley’s YouTube Channel!
- Stephanie Castle’s IB Bio Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/SCScienceVid)
We Heart Patreon Patrons
This Week's Topic: Notes from recent PD experiences
- Paul was at sXsw, giving a panel with Tyler DeWitt and PatrickJMT
- Emily Graslie’s video on gender diversity - Where My Ladies At?
- Tyler DeWitt on Videos
- If students funded EdTech
- Brooke Miller
- Destin runs Smarter Every Day
- David was at KSTF Selection Weekend, helping to advise.
- KSTF Fellowship information
- Kaleidoscope- the KSTF journal
- The impact of KSTF (with bonus Camden B. headshot).