Thanks for listening to our discussion about the profession vs. the job. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here or on Patreon. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- Ryan W. thinks thematic connections in biology can make reassessment easier.
- Emily B. (and her department) is doing some great work tailoring biology instruction to student needs.
- John G. challenges us to try our hand at “Rapper or World Capital”
- David needs random functions. He uses random.org
- Paul is tracking his activity with the stepz app.
- David is Statler, Paul is Waldorf
This Week's Topic: Doing the work- The Job vs. The Profession
- How do we bring “professionals” to education.
- How do teacher unions impact professionalism
- What will being an education professional look like in the future?
- Skooli and the race to the bottom.
- Shouldn’t professionals be meaningfully compensated for professional work?
- David learned how they went to the bathroom when building the Brooklyn Bridge
- David really, really likes “The Memory Palace”
- Paul got some Skew Dice
- Here are some great Skew Dice activities.
- David would like to apologize again to the vectorship for his audio on this episode. He promises you it hurts him much more than it does you.