Thanks for listening to our discussion about being a new teacher. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. Support the show here or on Patreon. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
Major thanks to Eric M for for guest co-hosting this week’s episode. You can find him here
- Eric M. finds value in surveying his students.
- David uses a timer more these days than ever. And he likes Timer-tab the best.
This Week's Topic: The New Teacher Experience
- Why is teacher retention so low?
- Why is teaching so different from what new teachers expect it to be?
- How can we retain more teachers?
- How do we know if what we are doing is effective for our students?
- How should we prepare new teachers?
- Eric learned that you can name a roach for the one you love! (Note: you must work fast to get one named in times for Valentine’s Day).
- David has been lead to understand that this is what life in Montana is like.
- The incredibly true story of Hugh Glass.