Thanks to Suffolk County STANYS for their sponsorship of this episode.
Thanks for listening to our first ever live recording at Suffolk County STANYS #SciTech15! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
No FollowUp This Week
- Paul has three links for NGSS fluency: The NGSS Framework, The Evidence Statements, and the Assessment Development Document.
- Interactive NGSS
- Some Useful Addons for Google Apps: Doctopus, Kaizena, Goobric, EasyBib
Sponsorship: Suffolk County STANYS
This Week's Topic: NGSS in NYS
- The current timetable for NYS Science Standard adoption.
- Nothing is stopping you from implementing the NGSS in your classrooms, right now.
- NGSS at the Elementary Level.
- What will new standards-aligned science assessments look like in NYS?
- The Claim-Evidence-Reasoning model of scientific explanations.
- What is Middle School Science going to look like in NYS?
- Possible Implementation Models for the NGSS are available in appendix K
- The NGSS Engineering Standards.
- “Project Lead The Way”
- Will there be enough PD for integrating engineering into our new science curricula?