Thanks for listening to our discussion of Homework. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
You can now support us on Patreon (and many thanks if you do!).
- Bob K. thought David might have hosted the last episode with this guy).
- Ryan H. bought a microscope and is using it to take some pretty pictures
- Here’s a defense of the non-zero Y-axis
- Radiolab did a nice recent episode on Rhino Hunting
- Chi K. did not particularly agree with Alfie Kohn on the Growth mindset.
- Feedback is always welcome!
- You can vote for your topic of choice for this year’s “Unity & Diversity” Writing Cycle.
- David has found utility in managing his email inbox with unroll.me
- Paul is a Keynote Magician (Magic Move! Instant Alpha! Masking!)
- “You Are Not So Smart” featuring Clive Thompson.
- Socrates on writing in The Phaedrus
- We have a Patreon Patron. You can be one, too!
- Horizontal Transfer is going to be live at #SciTech15
This Week's Topic: Homework
- Homework Meta-Study (sorry about the pay-wall)
- David’s Homework is on full display for all to see.
- “Lagging Homework”
- How do we strike an “intrinsic/extrinsic” balance to homework? How do you? Let us know.
- Paul is taken with the physics of beer bubbles.
- Vernier’s video physics app.
- The Brad Williamson Recommendation Trilogy of “Ignorance: How It Drives Science”, “Life’s Ratchet”, and “The Forest Unseen”
- “Super Mario Maker” is a fun way to stage young children on to video games.
- “Lode Runner”