Thanks to the Montana Learning Center for their sponsorship of this episode.
Thanks for listening to our conversation about our summer reading assignment. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- Paul won’t tell you that he’s busy, but he’s enjoying all of the things that he is doing
- Paul met up with Horizontal Transfer Theme Music Maven Herman Jolly
- Daniella P. is looking for good videos for her seventh grade students.
- Paul is an autodidact.
- We liked this two-part series on “This American Life” about school integration.
- Thanks to all who participated in the Thing Explainer Challenge!
- Obligatory link to the “Up-Goer 5” Diagram.
- “The Vital Question” by Nick Lane.
- Free Thing Explainer Review Ideas.
- David’s list of “Making It Stick” Strategies for Teachers (feel free to comment).
- “Unity & Diversity” is taking topic suggestions for the upcoming writing cycle. You should contribute!
- The 2014 “Unity & Diversity” Essays.
- David’s Medium piece on edu-Twitter.
This Week's Topic: Summer Reading
- The Think-Aloud Strategy.
- Some differences between experts and non-experts.
- Some links to items of resonance from Daniella P.
- All about the BioBlitz
- Let us know if you’d like to guest host with us!