Thanks for listening to our conversation about Digital Aristotle. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
Summer reading Final Assignment EXTENDED- Finish “Letters to a Young Scientist”
- Beanboozled by Jelly Belly.
- Photos from the Andersen Family Beanboozled game night - Coming soon....
- Crazy nonsense about food containing chlorophyll
- Matt C. thinks that David should go to Costa Rica.
- The Rainforest is FULL of Insects
- Horizontal Transfer will be at NABT this year, with a live broadcast on Friday, November 13 from 4-5:30. We will not be at NSTA.
- Jacob R. thinks that Paul is right, and likes a year-long student teaching internship.
- Please send us your feedback (vocal and not) about our summer reading assignment for our next episode.
- David wants you to use CTRL-F/CMD-F, unlike all of these people, and to think of him when you do.
- Paul likes Calendars, Fantastical, and Tripit
This Week's Topic: Digital Aristotle
- Analog Aristotle
- CGP Grey’s Video on the topic.
- David’s Chemistry Videos
- MOOC Retention Rates
- What is the teacher’s role in the classroom
- The kind of ed tech situation that David would like to avoid.
- EduCanon and EDpuzzle and PearDeck.
- The Uncanny Valley
- Observing your students as they work.
- The Blended Learning Cycle