Thanks so much for listening to our discussion of design in education! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
This episode (actually) sponsored by Biology Rocks!
- Paul may be panning for gold as you read this.
- How Olive spent her mid-winter break.
- The reason for Paul’s most recent trip to the Montana State Legislature
- Local control has always been a central feature of American public education
- Oklahoma may have a problem with AP US History
- We are now on Stitcher. Feel free to rate us there, too!
- Robert K.’s Simple Pomodoro Chrome Extension.
- The IFTTT Lifehacker Productivity Post Emailer Recipe
- Paul wants you to be the Laminatrix
- David’s off-label use of Remind
- The Smiths live from 1983
Sponsorship: Biology Rocks!
This Week's Topic: Design Thinking in Education
- The d.tech charter school.
- Design thinking at the Stanford d school
- “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information” by Edward Tufte
- Tom Wujec: Got a wicked problem? First, tell me how you make toast
- Helvetica, Objectified, & Urbanized by Gary Hustwit
- Dieter Rams design principles