Thanks for listening to episode 11, and our discussion of “digital natives”! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- The results of Deer Park’s AP Bio PCR field trip (a ~200bp fragment = Genetically Engineered).
- The Bears are awakening in Montana
- Olive Sleeps Like People.
- Neil Degrasse Tyson on what science cares about.
- Comments from HB 321 Sponsor Clayton Fiscus
- Where new information comes from in evolution.
- David’s Origin/History of Life Prezi.
- How to Access RSS feed and Download Links
- Inquiry, and Explanation resources. *Feedback is always welcome
- Chris M.’s YouTube Video
- Firefox plug-in for downloading YouTube videos - DownloadHelper
- Doctopus saves David so much time.
- Apple’s Quarterly Earnings lost more in currency fluctuations than Google made in total
- John Deasy’s LAUSD iPad Fiasco.
This Week's Topic: The Myth of the “Digital Native”
- Marc Prensky’s founding “Digital Native” paper.
- Do “Digital Natives” Exist - PBS Idea Channel - Mike Rugnetta.
- SnapChat is not secure.
- How an Operating System works
- “If you’re not paying for it; you’re the product”
- The SnapChat Interface.
- David’s “Technological Literacy” Course Proposal
- David’s non-echo box warning tweet.