Thanks for listening to our discussion about CRISPR! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- Is Paul a YouTuber….or…?
- Stephen T. is the first badged vector.
- Paul is going to gamify Dubai
- Todd G. points us toward a new Horizontal Transfer mascot?
- Amanda M. suggests that the use of models goes two ways.
- David has some tips for the advanced-spreadsheet users this week: Conditional Formatting, the COUNTIF function (and the * operator).
- David is also collecting spreadsheet functions.
- Paul provides some winter survival tips from his ancestral people.
- The rise of algae and yeast spheres has not escaped Paul’s notice.
Featured Patron: Eric M.
- Support the show on Patreon
- You can buy one here.
This Week's Topic: CRISPR/Cas9
- Muscular Beagles, courtesy of CRISPR (and Daniella P.)
- Malaria resistant CRISPR mosquitos.
- Possible CRISPR applications
- Possible CRISPR concerns
- Do it yourself CRISPR
- The BioRad precast gels
- You should always mention Fred Sanger when you get a chance.
- Have we screwed up this topic? Let us know here.
- American Radio Works episode on Corporal Punishment and Restorative Justice.
- Overcast is now free (with the option to sponsor the creator)
- Google will allow you to join the force.
- “Thing Explainer” is out, and it is gorgeous.
- There is now an official “Thing Explainer” text editor , which David plans to use for this upcoming activity.
- David is aware that the actual translation of kugl is pudding, however he is also aware that his co-host is rather untethered in the world of semitic cuisine.