Thanks so much for listening to our discussion about Professional Development! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, on our Facebook page, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, or support the show here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- David can’t confirm or deny that he is actually this.
- The linguistics of the Long Island Accent.
- Horizontal Transfer will be at NABT 2015
- Paul’s lost some teeth and gained Mr. Robot
- David is learning how it all went down.
- Glenn C. enjoyed #SciTech15.
- Kathy V. finds value in extrinsically motivated homework.
- The Take-Home Message from Standards-Based Grading.
- The educational pendulum
- The relevant Whitman for educators.
- Graph type selection
- How some award-winning teachers spend their days.
- Feedback is always welcome. You might be “Number 200!”
- David has enjoyed his $40 standing desk hack (and his $80 standing desk mat).
- Paul has found utility in a Wacom Tablet, along with DeskScribble.
Sponsorship: HHMI Biointeractive
- “Gorongosa Park: Rebirth of Paradise” airs on PBS on October 6, 8/7c
- WildCam Gorongosa
- Sign up for Biointeractive News and Updates here!
This Week's Topic: Professional Development
- The “Wall of Text” approach to PD
- Life lessons from Paul: Just because the PD session isn’t awesome doesn’t make it’s okay to violate Wheaton’s Law.
- The secret to good PD lies in its Drive by Daniel Pink
- Good PD can still have uninspiring visuals. See Sir Ken Robinson for an example.