Thanks for listening. We hope you enjoyed our conversation about “dream schools.” If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- Paul likes to wear shorts
- A brief history of Midwinter Break
- America’s aggregated rankings of Star Wars Films
- John G. likes to Homebrew
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Horizontal Transfer
- Cheesesteaks with wiz or without? The eternal question
- The Green Iguana Bar and Grill at the Tampa Airport is a perfect parabola
- Paul was Montana Coach of the Year
- Paul was not National Teacher of the Year
- David’s teaching pro-tip for the episode
Constructive Criticism Corner:
- “I need Knuffke”
- Paul is quite the STEAM-er
- Don’t just float, HAMSTER-FLOAT!
- Don’t just teach...
- The Salmon in question
- Some of David’s father’s artworks
This Week's Topic: Our Dream Schools
- Faculty Senates do exist
- The Sudbury School model
- The Brainscoop
- The First Clue from “The Game” (it still works!)
- The Video Magnification TED talk that inspired Paul to try out video magnification using this website.
- Paul’s first attempt: Balancing eyes open and eyes closed
- Paul’s cat breathing.
- Olive in her default state.
- The Internet Archive is home to the Wayback Machine, and the collected recordings of The Grateful Dead, and now many hundreds of MS-Dos Games that run in your modern web browser.
- A comparison of various screen size resolutions
- David would like to apologize for his inability to say “unfathomable” under stress. Though he suggests you try it and see how well you do.
- Paul now realizes that David works at "Deer Park High School."