Thanks for listening to Episode 8! If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HrzntlTrnsfr. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
Don’t forget to vote for the listernership collective noun!
- Become an AP Exam Reader.
- The Value of Saying No - Paul’s Standard No Reply.
- The About page of David’s blog.
- Snap Chat isn’t private.
- Yik-Yak Bomb Threats.
- Paul’s YouTube Comment CCC
- How to show transcripts on YouTube.
- Vote for the listernership collective noun!
- TwitterPlot Graph of Listenership
- The value of To-Do Lists.
- Merlin Mann’s Inbox Zero Speech at Google from 2007.
- Getting Things Done.
- Paul’s Magic Herbal Throat Coat.
- The questionable medicinal value of Guinness
This Week's Topic: David’s “Fundamental Problem” with American Public Education
- The Learning Styles Controversy.
- The Origin of Charter Schools.
- Recent VlogBrothers Video
- Recent Governor Cuomo comments on public education reflect his funding.
- If Students Designed Their Own Schools
- This Is Water by DFW
- The David Foster Wallace Reader has a whole section on his course materials.
- Lars Von Trier’s Melancholia.
- The National Depression Helpline.
- Sleater-Kinney has a New Album and a new video
- Vinyl is the Biggest Music Comeback of 2014
- David referred to the topic of his department meeting as the “Domain of Knowledge” framework. In point of fact, it was the “Depth of Knowledge” framework. Oops.
- David was unable to independently verify that the advice to drink a Guinness for a sore throat came from Mick Jagger. But he still chooses to believe that it’s true.