Happy Holidays, and joyous vacation (if such things apply)! We hope you enjoy this week's discussion of educational jargon. If you'd like to leave us some feedback, you can do that at the link above, or by contacting us on Twitter: @DavidKnuffke, @PaulAndersen, & @HorizonPod. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. For additional information about the discussion, check out the links below.
- The Open Stax Biology Textbook.
- The CK12 Chemistry Flexbook.
- David’s review of “Life on Earth”
- Reading is Fundamental is on YouTube.
- Dan Benjamin’s detailed Podcasting How-To. Includes discussion of the “Double-Ender” method that we use to make this podcast.
- How to rate and review a podcast.
Constructive Criticism Corner
- The NeoCortex
- David’s Banned Words List. NOTE: Suggestions are welcome.
- Paul's Blended Learning Report Citation.
- Angela Duckworth--The Queen of Grit
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Only you can spread the gospel of HAMSTER-FLOAT!
- The New York State Master Teacher Homepage. Note: STEM TEACHERS ONLY!
- Radiolab’s “Translation” episode. Specific George Carlin segment available here.
- Let’s play Jargon Bingo(aka “Buzzword Bingo”)
- A slightly different take on the utility of lists.